Friday, March 21, 2014

Graphic Design for Mutiara Production




My graphic design for leaflet, envelope and business card.




I love this poster!! 'The Visit' is a German expressionist, tragic-comedy play where Claire Zachanassian, who became the world's richest woman in the Europe who decided to return to her home town and offers a million marks to the Guelleners in exchange of killing her ex-lover. 

I designed this poster, I took the portrait of Didi as Claire. This photo is actually for my Drama project, AM-1401 in University Brunei Darussalam. I played as a policewoman and also directing for this challenging play. I admit, most Bruneian did not understand the storyline because its so symbolic. This poster design, it was inspired by 'Salt' film poster. Plus, I like that Claire's red lipstick (I actually told Didi to wear a bright lipstick to make it look like Cruella DeVil-ish but i add add more make-up with photoshop anyway), it shows that madness, anger and blood (Alfred's perhaps). 

So basically, this tragic play is soooooo….. difficult, and it was my first time became as a director. By the way, this is a drama production from last semester called "Classics Re-visited". I am telling you that, last semester, August 2013, was the most horrible semester. I had to direct an extremely difficult play, as animator for 3D animation module, horrible team-mates business course, extreme loads of works from graphic design and design studies. I remember I cried one day in my room because I was so stress with works given. I don't know but I feel like I'm the worst director from the five other groups in drama because my lecturer keep telling me of how wrong I am doing in that play and eventually he help us to make 'The Visit' more symbolic. Sigh. He told me that even the Germans even have difficulties for this play but why did I get this play? With all my hard works doing photography, designing, directing, organizing, became a mother calling my casts just to have practice like every 20 minutes, understanding the contents of this play gave me a heart attack because its difficult to trim down, eventually, most Bruneian did not get what we are doing at the stage with those symbolic and artistic movements and I got a C+ for this module. I feel down anyway. 

I wanted to tell that I learn something from this play, that people in Brunei have not understand about Arts. Paintings, the love realistic and hyper-realistic drawings or artwork but they don't really appreciate abstracts or innovative works because the didn't understand it. Some critics from Bruneian to an abstract painting, "Why would they do this such things? Kids even can splash paints all around", get what I mean? The don't understand that some artist use splash to express themselves in terms of movement and colours. The have lack of knowledge in art. Hope this Creative Industries planning in Brunei works well because I believe it will be a long-term period to reach a success economy with creative industries.



No comments:

Post a Comment