Sunday, March 9, 2014

'The Last Dream' Opening Credit assignment, Motion Graphics.


 Finally! My dream came true. Making of an opening credit for a short film movie called 'The Last Dream'. A thrilling, phsyco and horror genre film show an adventure of Becca (main character) who wanted to end her terrifying nightmare. Becca lost her memory as a murderer of her young sister, Amanda, years ago. Amanda died but her spirit was still around. Mind-twist, Becca lost her memory and face nightmares every night, as she moved forward to the end her dreams, it became reality and she knew who she was. When she met Amanda in the end, choices given: Becca know who she was a murderer, reality means she was inside the nightmare, when dream blackout, Becca's life will be over as well, however she can continue living but her nightmare will continue as a 'just a dream' until Becca died. This revenge game of Amanda is basically Becca's last dream in her life, nightmare.

Well, InshaAllah, hope that I have strength to continue this project as a complete short film. That would be my first production ever. All I need is a team member and support.

I wanted to make this kind of film because I think its unique, I rarely seen a mind-twist film made by Malays. The opening scene are mostly sketches and 3D to make something new rather than a full videography, why not. I might change a bit for the real project because this project I am currently doing is for a motion graphics' assignment.


(Below images are process of my works)

'Mutiara Pictures' opening. Mutiara means pearl. Clam is mind and pearl is an inspiration. Idea randomly came from inspiration same like pearl. I made this opening with Maya 2014.



Haunted house above and below Dark Forest, in Becca's dream. I paint it digitally with Photoshop CS6.



Pendulum with Maya 2014, modelling and animating.

This are scene 1 for the opening credit, will add typography for credits and effects using After Effect.

Will upload more of my current works. Busy March!! T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment